Just as I came into the world in secrecy...
Just as no one knows the meaning of my name...
Just as my past is hidden...
Just as much unknown I am,
so am I a stranger.
*I'm perplexed and astonished that God loves me! I'm no stranger to You!
-A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.
Psalm 68:5
-He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the alien, giving him food and clothing.
Deuteronomy 20:4
-Perish the day I was born and the night that said, 'A man is conceived.'
Job 3:2
-For you fashioned my inmost being,
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I thank you because I am awesomely made,
wonderfully; your works are wonders-
I know this very well.
My bones were not hidden from you
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes could see me as an embryo,
but in your book all my days were already written;
my days have been shaped
before any of them existed.
Psalm 139:13-16 [Complete Jewish Bible]
-Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out;
you formed me in my mother's womb.
I thank you, High God-you're breathtaking!
Body and soul, I am marvelously made!
I worship in adoration-what a creation!
You know me inside and out,
you know every bone in my body;
You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit,
how I was sculpted from nothing into something.
Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth;
all the stages of my life were spread out before you,
The days of my life all prepared
before I'd even lived one day.
Psalm 139:13-16 [The Message]
"But I know that my Redeemer lives,
that in the end he will rise on the dust;
so that after my skin has been thus destroyed,
then even without my flesh, I will see God.
Job 19:25 and 26
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.